Arno River, Firenze, Italia

Arno River, Firenze, Italia

Friday, April 29, 2011

Pandora's Box

My first Interactive Media project (experimenting with HTML and CSS) resulted in a simple site portraying the Greek myth of Pandora's Box.


Enter Pandora's Box

Looking back, there are a lot of things I would change. And, incompatible with some browsers, it definitely needs some more work. But I have been introduced to the world of interactive design and know that half the battle has been won. It's only uphill from here.


I haven't blogged since December, when I regrettably wrote my farewells to Italy. Seattle's welcome has been cold and rainy, and the harsh reality of school reminds me that the study abroad experience was a once in a lifetime privilege. Living in a foreign country for four months seems incompatible with any current educational goals or future career path. How strange that technology and a broad range of opportunities both free us and constrain us. I am blessed to attend this school and to receive a high quality and focused education, yet through this experience, I am confined within a city of burdened spirits and grey skies. Perhaps if I had acted with greater foresight, I might have picked someplace warmer and sunnier. :-P Not to offend those in love with Seattle; I appreciate the much anticipated arrival of Spring and the change it has brought.

On a brighter note, the quarter is reaching its midpoint. I am waiting for that inevitable moment when the gravity of projects and assignments will unravel with building speed to carry me to June and finals. With this in mind, I have been encouraged once again to upkeep this monologue, so at least in the blur of events, I will have some sort of reference point to keep track of where I have been and the progress of what my education is equipping me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment